Sunday, October 23, 2005

Miers Flip Flop; Haunted Utah


When John Roberts was confirmed as Supreme Court justice, Republicans argued that religion would not and should not be used as a litmus test for judicial nominees. Now that Repulicans have 'reservations' about Harriet Miers, Bush is parading her to his Evangelical base that she is 'one of them' especially when it comes to Roe v Wade. My, my, how quickly the tune changes in the course of just 3 weeks. Has she become a liability for the Administration? Will she withdraw? It should be an interesting week...

I had an interesting dream last night. I dreamt I was on a road trip with Bruce and we stopped at a bed and breakfast that was allegedly haunted. The 'haunting' included a mirror that shows the face of a nineteenth century woman in period garb. I was eating a seafood salad sub and sat down at the little side table in front of the mirror and saw my own reflection and I figured that although Bruce has seen spirits, and although I may believe in them, I have yet to see one, and I laughed at the legend. I ate half the sandwhich and went into the bedroom to watch a little TV while Bruce loaded the car. When he came in and asked me if I was ready to leave, I said yes and went into the other room to retrieve the other half of the sub. That's when I looked in the mirror and saw the face of an older woman like that of a black and white photograph. I remember being very spooked and running down the stairs and out of the building. Then I woke up. A ghost story dream or a dream of a ghost story?

Here's Haunted Utah...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home