Friday, January 27, 2006

Be careful what you wish for

...you might get it.

So Hamas gets elected to run the Palestinian Authority, a terrorist group dedicated to the destruction of Israel. But at least they were democratically elected. The results from the Iraqi election have not been announced (at least, not what I've heard) so I'm sure radicals and religious fundamentalists will take heed from the elections. What will Bush and Co. do if a Hamas clone takes power in a democratic Iraq? It is good, the Palestinians got rid of the corrupt regime as well as the fact that Fatah accomplished little.

So now what? I guess the democratically elected regime in Isreal doesn have to deal with the new government either. Its all about choice. Choice to continue down the same old bloody path are choose something new. The immediate future does not appear promising, sad to say.


From Letters To The Editor, from our local paper:

"I can't believe our grat country's politicians could create such a mess. If it was their intention to help us, which I assume it was, it should have been constructed with intelligence, time and effort. Who or what have we elected to run our country? I know they are trying to help us, but they should have worked on this longer. Some of the insurance plans are unbelievable. After speaking to Medicare and also the insurance company I was enrolled in, everything was so messed up, I was put in the wrong status. Someone along the line did not do their checking to be sure all sure all was correct."

Local senior commenting on the 40 plus prescription Medicare plans the leaner and meaner GOP has offered. Members of my family are enduring this joke and national disgrace.

That's just today's random observations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home