Saturday, January 12, 2008

Ch Ch Ch Changes...

I moved into a boarding house in Quincy, for a larger space and my OWN space for the first time in 5 years. I've always liked Quincy, the last time I lived there I lived in Wollaston. I was looking at for a room in Wollaston, but the cost of one room was costing as much as an entire one bedroom apartment did 20 years ago. Unfortunately, my wages have not gone up accordingly.

But so far so good, I have no TV, but thank God for Podcasts (even if they are a few days behind and a few DVDs I picked up such as Seinfeld Seasons 1 and 2 -- I found a gift certificate from LAST Christmas so I decided to use it on a used copy.

The room is large, one of the largest I have had, in a men's boarding house, with no body else's stuff but my own. It ahs a shared bathroom, but I have yet to wait, (okay it happened today) to use the bathroom. Most apartments have their own bathroom, mine is shared with another room, which is vacant at the moment. I've been there a week, and it wasn't until last night that I met a fellow house mate, Mike. He was going to karaoke, invited me, but I declined until the next time.

I like Chinese food and culture, so Quincy is a great place to be, since Asians, mainly Chinese, ahve been making Quincy their home since I was getting ready to leave the last time. So I am getting a kick out of discovering new Asian eateries -- I have checked out a Thai restaurant recently and it was good -- and I have discovered a new Chines place on the way to the library (which is where I am, since I have no internet access either and am using Wifi).

The place has two common kitchens, one on each floor and laundry just steps from my door. And it is very quiet. Another selling point -- nearby is home to 3 (count 'em) 3 pizza joints, one Chines, one Boston Market, a Dunkin Donuts kiosk, a Burger King, Starbucks, TJ Maxx, Shaws and a liquor store, an An Olympic Athletic Store.

One of the 'pizza' joints is run by Chinese people, so that would be unique.

I may ahve further changes afoot, but won't know for a few more weeks, so stay tuned.

1 Comments:

At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd been meaning to call you, almost time to meet for coffee and to roam around Boston. I've been spending more time in Harvard Square than Boston these days, although the yuppie corporatocracy has ruined both towns among countless others.

So you found a place, although yeah have to agree if i lost my current apartment, I couldn't even afford an unheated phone booth at today's yuppified greed prices.

Scary thing is I sense I may have to move this year, just a deep gut feeling.

I had a few scum sucking yuppies tell me that I have no right to live in eastern mass and if I don't make at least 100K or more a year, to get the fuck out of their turf.

Bah life sucks all around and I feel it's gonna get a lot worse with boosh's "mission accomplished" totally destroying the country, economy, outr future, etc.

Well halliburton has been popping up internment camps by the hundreds to house the millions and millions of americans who are enemas of the state

 

Post a Comment

<< Home